Your Next Chapter Starts Here…
Why Fable & Fire?
With over 40 years of hospitality experience behind them, the ownership team is committed to your individual success.
Here at Fable & Fire, we are creating a community that fosters cultural emergence, creativity, and inclusivity. We care for one another, focus on personal development, and are devoted to truly enjoying our jobs. Aside from a page-turning culture, we offer competitive wages, career growth opportunities, paid time off, and employee discounts.
Our bookshop bistro brings an elevated European menu to Rockwall. Here guests can look forward to a culinary experience with dishes that are European-inspired yet undeniably native to Texas. In addition, we offer a robust coffee & cocktail program, grab-and-go items, live music, a whimsical patio, and comfy interiors. Our floor-to-ceiling shelves are curated by locals, and our team members’ unique palates in art, music, and literature shine throughout. We provide an intimate space for guests with stunning antiquities that have been recycled and reclaimed from all over the world. The interior highlights our concept of casual sophistication where old world meets new elegance. Our story began in December 2022 at 104 S. San Jacinto, Rockwall, TX 75087.
You’d be a great addition to our team if you meet the following criteria:
- Love a good story.
- Understand how to create a great customer experience.
- Take pride in your work.
- Have a thirst for knowledge and love the arts.
- Appreciate learning new skill sets.
- Are comfortable with responsibilities like cash handling and store safety.
- Can keep cool, calm, and collected in a fast-paced, energetic work environment.
- Can maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Must be 18 +
Bartenders at Fable & Fire play an integral leadership role in ensuring our guests have an exceptional dining experience. Craft cocktails are at the forefront of our menu. As a bartender, you will be expected to conduct research to develop original cocktail recipes. Our Bartenders provide service in a friendly, showstopping, and efficient manner regardless of external circumstances. Input and skill sets will always be valued and acknowledged. At all times, bartenders are expected to be attentive to our guest’s needs, making them feel welcome, comfortable, important, and relaxed. This role is responsible for selling and serving food & beverages using your knowledge, hospitality, and service skills. This individual must be kind, personable, conscientious, and professional with industry-leading knowledge of food & alcoholic beverage selections.
Baristas provide quality service with a hospitable charm. They have a friendly, vibrant personality with a creative mind and sense of urgency. They ensure a spotless and expedited service is delivered to all guests. The needs and expectations of all guests are fulfilled to the highest level right down to the smallest details.
Bussers set the stage for service by setting & clearing tables, assisting servers, and attending to guests’ needs. They should be a team player and enjoy working at a fast pace. They refill beverages, replenish utensils, set tables, and stock necessary supplies.
Cook (I, II, & III)
Cooks prepare delicious, upscale meals according to the menu. They follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals in an efficient and timely manner to ensure an excellent guest experience. They are knowledgeable in various ingredients and cooking techniques and are kept up to date on industry trends.
Dishwashers are responsible for keeping the restaurant neat and clean to uphold the dining experience. They assist other employees in the kitchen as needed and follow all sanitary and health-related protocols. They ensure all utensils and glassware are clean and up to par with restaurant standards. Dishwashers wash glassware and other items by hand when necessary, empty/clean all trash receptacles as well as clean beverage machines when necessary.
Servers at Fable & Fire are creating a memorable experience for guests. They are responsible for selling and serving food & beverage using knowledge, hospitality, and service skills. A successful candidate is kind, personable, conscientious, and professional with excellent knowledge of food & alcoholic beverage selections. This individual must be able to operate effectively as part of a team, communicate clearly, and ensure smooth service operations.
The Sous Chef at Fable & Fire is an integral part of the leadership team. They are responsible for all aspects of an efficient, high-quality and profitable kitchen operation. They must display a positive attitude, be creative, and give cooking demonstrations. They ensure the restaurant performs according to Fable & Fire’s operational standards, values, and purpose. They have a high degree of commitment to food quality and safety standards. Maintain consistency in preparing the highest quality food. Direct the business operations to achieve absolute customer satisfaction at all times. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to lead their team, create innovative new dishes and prepare appealing food. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership mentality resulting in delivery of exceptional food and beverage.
- Committed to delivering the highest quality of food, product standards, sanitation, and safety.
- Will work a minimum of 5 days a week.
- Work a variety of shifts each week to develop all areas of the business, including weekend shifts.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative to create opportunities for the growth of the restaurant.
- Oversee the ordering and receiving of all products to ensure the restaurant is properly stocked and prepared for business.
- Oversee the scheduling of staff members.
- Providing leadership, guidance, and training to kitchen staff and hourly team members.
- Oversee the development of kitchen staff.
- Handling HR needs as they arise, including recruiting, training, disciplinary action, and terminations.
- Validate each staff member has been properly trained and prepared for their role and job.
- Articulate in a positive way our purpose and values to newly hired staff.
- Ensure the facility’s maintenance plan is executed.
- Ensure all equipment is operational and well.
- Assist in local market research.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Exceptionally service-oriented.
- Engage with customers to validate their absolute satisfaction and earn their recommendation.
- High-energy, motivational, and fun personality.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Formal culinary training and education preferred
- Minimum of 4-5 years of management experience working in a full-service restaurant, fine dining preferred
- Extensive experience cooking in and ideally leading a high-volume, upscale concept restaurant
- Formal business education is a plus
- Servsafe certification or Food Handler certification required
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs and working on feet for at least 8 hours
- Strong labor and food-cost management skills
- Strong financial and P&L management skills
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability/flexibility to work 50-55+ hours per week including daytime, evenings, weekends and/or holidays